I did an entry of Nature Healing which I have indicated that natures are excellent therapy that heals, or at least buffer the stresses of my everyday life.
In fact, nature healing was not the main option that I would prefer until I watch the movie 'The Beach nine years back that featured an earth paradise namely Phi Phi Island.
The Beach movie Trailer
The Beach OST-ALL Saints - Pure Shores
The Phi Phi Islands are located in Thailand, between the large island of Phuket and the western Andaman Sea coast of the mainland. In other words, they are just few hours journey from our own Langkawi.
I am not actually promoting the island instead of our own islands. Yet, Langkawi is another beautiful paradise at the Andaman Sea.
Let alone on its true storyline, 'The Beach' was the first movie I watched that really portrayed a beach like the seventh heaven. The truth is, Phi Phi was the core reason that truly made me fell in love with natures especially beaches, ever since the debut of 'The Beach' in 2000. The gorgeous island makes you feel like you are being swept away into paradise.
Recently, I found other interesting facts of Phi Phi:-
1. Phi Phi Island was initially populated by Muslim fishermen during the late 1940s, and later became a coconut plantation.
2. The Thai population of Phi Phi Don remains more than 80% Muslim. The name Phi Phi (pronounced ‘pee pee’) originates from Malay, the original name for the islands were ‘Pulao Pi ah Pi’. The name refers to the mangrove wood found there.
3. Ko Phi Phi was devastated by the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004, when nearly all of the island's infrastructure was wiped out.
4. Even though it is Malay in origin, the art of batik has embedded itself within the local culture.
5. In general, Southern Thai food is renowned for its spiciness. Much of the cuisine has its origins in Malay, Indonesian and Indian food.
On the other hand, based on the facts, Phi Phi Island is actually much closer to Malay origin than we think.
With the ultimate hidden beach, sun, sand and sea = Paradise. You’re immersed in a dazzling world of imagination, pleasure. Phi Phi is to live out your wildest paradise dreams amidst warm Andaman seas.
Though, the great thing about Phi Phi or any beaches in this world is the feeling of solitude. You just feel at one with God's greatest gift of nature. Your mind breaks free and you feel calmer and more relaxed.
That's why I love the beach so much!