Friday, April 17, 2009

Who do you ADMIRE the most and WHY?

Do you have someone in mind that you admire? Most people have, some people may not have. Wonder why? Do you think that there is someone out there that admires us? We never know.

Let's flash back during our school days when we were trying to figure out of what we wanted to be "when I grow up," At that time the person I most admired was the economist who gave talk on economics issues when I was ten years old. I thought I wanted to be an economist and give talks the way he did. But later I realised economy just wasn't the right field for me.The people I have admired in my life caught my attention because they possessed qualities I wanted to have or they represented values which were already important to me. I admired Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates because of their self made fortunes--but I didn't want to follow exactly the same path. The life I eventually chose was that of artist and fashion. I am not a huge name in fashion industry yet, but I speak to almost every issues of art, design and fashion in my art and writings.

There are so many reasons for us to look up to a person's positive characters such as good reputations, success, good personality, good looking, nice smiles..but what if we found out about their negative characters or their weaknesses?.. are we going to leave the person behind and move on to the next successful person? Are we willing to shut an eye of their weaknesses by saying…ahh well...After all they are just human being like us too.. ?

I made an entry on fashion icon last year. Generally, I would admire those fashion icons on their fashion senses, fashion styles, their good deeds and their courageous stories. However, they do have weaknesses like us too.

The person I admire the most has strong philosophies in free-will based on his writings to the local newspapers. He is a gem, a great one and he is genuine,true, intelligent and he is a libertarian. He is not afraid of who he is.

I don't want his profession. But I do want to emulate him in my own style. Is that an answer? I don't know. But it makes sense to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring article. Some guidelines from inspirational figures and thoughtful words from a better lady, yourself !

I believe, You would excel in style.

Nice photoshop work. Keep it up !

Stylish Goddess said...

thanks, will keeping up my skills..:):)